Cherry and chocolate is another favorite combo of mine just like the last few recipes I’ve done with the peanut butter and chocolate combo. I love cherry anything really! These white chocolate cherry bars are simple and delicious just the way I like it. They come together in under 15 mins and another 30 in the over and in under an hour you are all set for these babies.
I LOVE making different things in the kitchen for my family but these days I am so pressed for time I can handle an hour and its homemade so I feel good about serving it to my kids.
You probably have most of these ingredients on hand if you are a maraschino cherries fan! My middle son, CJ loves his cherries so these were right up his alley. He ate more than one as soon as I made them.
The white chocolate cherry bars are moist and great for an afternoon pick me up if you are craving something sweet. Great for kids lunches too since they travel well! Bits of white chocolate and cherries – YUM!
White Chocolate Cherry Bars
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup maraschino cherries
- 1/4 cup cherry juice
- Preheat your oven to 350°, line a 8×8″ baking pan with aluminum foil, and spray with a non stick cooking spray.
- Use a hand or stand mixer to beat your brown sugar and butter together until creamy
- Mix in your egg and vanilla extract but don’t over mix.
- Now mix in your flour and baking powder
- Mix in your white chocolate chips and cherries and use your hand or stand mixer to beat.
- Press your cookie dough evenly into the bottom of your lined and greased pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, let cool completely, and slice into squares.