With Valentines Day only a few weeks away I figured this simple sweet dessert treat would be perfect! My middle son LOVES red velvet anything and this red velvet bark made his day when I made it.
The red velvet bark is super simple, using only 2 ingredients and can be whipped up in no time. Perfect for V-Day or just because you need a little sweet afternoon snack. I plan on making some so he can bring to school as a special treat for Valentines Day in his lunch box. You guys know I am all about the little things for the holidays.
I have a few more bark options coming soon if red velvet is not your thing, so stay tuned!
Red Velvet Bark Recipe Perfect For Valentines Day
Red Velvet Bark Ingredients
10 oz Wilton Red Velvet candy melts – I found mine at Target
- 10 oz Wilton Bright White candy melts
- Line a 9×13 baking sheet with foil or parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Pour both candy melts into separate microwave safe dishes.
- Heat the red velvet candy melts in 30 second increments, stirring occasionally, until melted.
- Pour the melted red velvet candy melts out onto the baking sheet and use a spatula or back of a large spoon to spread the chocolate evenly (see photo).
- Next, heat the bright white candy melts in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring occasionally, until melted.
- Scoop the melted white chocolate out of the bowl and drop onto the red velvet (see photo).
- Use a butter knife to gently swirl the white chocolate through the red velvet chocolate.
- Place the bark in the fridge to set for 30 minutes.
- Remove and break into smaller pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.