Summer is in full swing at my house and sometimes in our little grown up world we just need an ice pop. Who said you need to be a child to enjoy one? You know a sweet, icy treat on a stick to make the afternoon blues go away…Okay maybe they don’t go away but for just a few minutes you can pretend they do.
These amazing Tiramisu pops are just for grown ups…no seriously, the little ones literally can’t have any because they are laced with coffee liqueur (YUM). So go ahead sneak outside onto the swing, cool off, and de-stress with your new favorite dessert on a stick. It’s just what I need after a long day with the kiddies too.
You can easily double or triple the recipe for a party or get together to impress your friends or be like me and hoard them all to yourself in the back of the freezer. Isn’t that where all moms hide “the good stuff”?
Tiramisu Pops Recipe
- 4 oz. Mascarpone cheese
- ¼ cup strong coffee
- ½ cup coffee liqueur
- ½ cup half and half
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 8 lady fingers
- Soak the ladyfingers in a splash of coffee liqueur and coffee and break up into smaller pieces. Make sure you distribute evenly into the molds.
- Combine the mascarpone cheese and half & half in the bowl of a stand mixer, beating until nice and smooth.
- Add your coffee, coffee liqueur, and brown sugar and blend well.
- Pour the mascarpone mixture over ladyfingers into the mold, tap on counter to pop the bubbles and settle all of the ingredients.
- Freeze until solid.
- Run bottom of the ice pops tray under running water to release the Tiramisu Pops.
- Enjoy a minute to yourself!
What other grown up ice pops are your favorite to enjoy over these hot summer months?
Other summer treats you may enjoy: