Spring is here and summer is just around the corner so for me that means simple, light and no fuss dishes to serve my family. This is the time when pasta salads and slow cooker meals come to our table most since they are such little work to put together and I can focus on other things but still providing my family with a home cooked meal.
Pasta salads are great for entertaining or take to a pot luck too. You can make them the night before and serve them cold.
This Greek bow tie pasta salad can be served warm or cold, both ways they taste great and require very little prep and cooking time. Just what I need for the busy summer months. I hate spending hours in the kitchen when I could be at the pool with the kiddos and enjoying some sun!
Greek Bow Tie Pasta Salad
- 1 cup Greek salad dressing – my family’s favorite is Wish Bone
- 1 Box (16 oz) of bow tie pasta
- 3.5 oz or small container of crumbled feta cheese
- 8oz fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes or any tomatoes cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a rolling boil. Add pasta and cook for 12-14 minutes, drain well.
- Combine the drained pasta, spinach leaves, tomatoes and kalamata olives in large bowl
- Once the pasta is cooled slightly add the Greek salad dressing and lightly toss to combine
- Add the feta cheese over top
- Serve warm and enjoy! Or you can let the Greek bow tie pasta salad cool in the fridge for a few hours for a colder version. Both are delicious!
- I have doubled this recipe for larger crowds and it doubles beautifully
- You can add cucumbers for extra freshness
- Store leftovers in an airtight container
More summertime recipes you may enjoy: