Rice Krispie Pops are the prefect way to jazz up your run of the mill Rice Krispie treats. You can mix and match the colors for whatever your color theme is, just to give them that little something extra but the same great taste of a traditional Rice Krispie treat. You could even use different types of pop molds for different events that you are hosting to make them extra personalized. You guys know that personalization anything gets me every time.
These are great to get the kids to help make them too. My kids love to help make these! Since there is no real cooking involved besides a microwave the older kids could really make these themselves with a little supervision.
These Rice Krispie Pops are full of marshmallow gooey-ness like the original and sure to be a hit for an after school treat or your next get together.
Rice Krispie Pops Recipe
- 3 Cups Rice Krispies
- 2 Cups Marshmallows
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- Blue food coloring
- Red food coloring
- Non stick cooking spray
- Good safe pop sticks
- Pop molds
1. In a large microwave safe, heat your marshmallows and butter on high for about 30 seconds
2. Separate your melted marshmallows into two separate bowls
3. Add a couple drops of red food coloring to one and a couple drops of blue to the other and mix
4. Place 1 1/2 cups Rice Krispie cereal to each bowl and stir
5. Spray a non stick cookie spray into you pop molds
6. Take a small amount of your blue Rice Krispies and push down into your pop molds
7. Now take a small amount of your red Rice Krispies are push down onto the blue
8. Now take a little more of your blue Rice Krispies and push them onto the red Rice Krispies
9. Place a pop stick into the center of your pop molds and set in the freezer for about 10 minutes
10. Pull on your pop sticks and your Rice Krispie pops will pull right out