There is nothing better than the smell of a fresh loaf of bread baking in the oven. I love to make specialty breads for my family. It’s simple and a great way to use up leftover fruit in my house.
Today I have a delicious strawberry bread for you.
It’s simple and makes a yummy treat for breakfast or a late afternoon snack. My kids absolutely LOVE strawberries so they devoured this strawberry bread within a couple of days. When my picky eater CJ likes it, I know its a keeper.
It is a super sweet bread melts in your mouth and then bursts with strawberry flavor. If you like strawberries then this one is a must try.
Strawberry Bread Recipe
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour plus 1-2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup strawberry preserves
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup washed and chopped fresh strawberries
- Grease and flour 2 loaf pans.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla together until fluffy. About 2-3 minutes.
- Add each egg, one at a time, beating well after each egg. Add preserves and sour cream and mix well. Add flour, salt, baking soda and cream of tartar and mix until blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix cut strawberries with 1-2 tablespoons of flour or until evenly coated with flour.
- Fold strawberries into batter.
- Divide batter into 2 prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown and center is clean when toothpick is inserted.
- Let cool for about 10-15 minutes in pan before removing.
- Slice and enjoy!
More Strawberry Recipes