I love making rice crispy treats. They are so easy for a quick snack for the kids especially during the summer. These blue rice crispy treats are a perfect way to jazz them up. Perfect for a boy baby shower or a Disney Frozen inspired treat. My kids are obsessed with the movie Frozen these days so they were super excited about these.
You can always change up the color scheme to pink for a girl baby shower or a little girls birthday. The recipe is so versatile that you can add whatever color you wanted really to fit your theme and wow your guests. Add sprinkles or colored sugar for a extra special touch.
Crispy Treats Recipe
6 cups rice crispy cereal
4 cups mini-marshmallows (or one 10-oz bag regular marshmallows)
3 Tablespoons butter
1. Grease 13×9 pan. Set aside.
2. Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat.
3. Stir in marshmallows, one cup at a time until melted. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in rice crispy cereal until coated.
5. Pour crispy treats into prepared pan. Push treats down until flat, even, and about one inch high.
6. Let sit on counter until set, or place in refrigerator for a few minutes.
7. Once firm, flip pan over to release the large rectangle. Use large knife to cut treats into 1 in. x 1 in. squares.
Place candy melts in microwave and heat in 30-second intervals, stirring between intervals.
Stop cooking the chocolate when you can still see a few small pieces of the original chocolate piece shapes. Upon stirring, they will continue to melt.
Do not let the microwave melt the chocolate all the way or you risk the chocolate becoming overcooked.
Use double boiler (or a glass bowl on top of a sauce pan filled with water) and melt chocolates over medium heat, stirring frequently.
The chocolate is ready when you can still see a few small pieces of the original chocolate piece shapes. Upon stirring, they will continue to melt.
Take a 1 in. x 1 in. crispy treat square and dip the top into the melted chocolate, tapping away excess chocolate. Place treat on flat surface to cool.
Another way is to spoon the chocolate onto the surface of the crispy treat, using the spoon like a paintbrush.
Using second chocolate color, place spoon in melted chocolate, letting drip for a few seconds. Then, wave the chocolate over the coated crispy treats, drizzling chocolate back and forth in lines.
Shake on sprinkles before the chocolate hardens.
Check out what else I am cooking up in the kitchen!