Today I have another traditional family favorite recipe. These M&M Cookies have been an all year holiday favorite in my family for as long as I can remember.
My mom made them as part of her annual Christmas cookies every year. Now I make them for every season the M&Ms come out in holiday colors.
This time I made them for fall with their red, yellow and brown M&M’s. My kids LOVE these! I usually wind up making a quadruple batch with the Christmas red and green M&Ms to hand out to family and friends.
They are soft and chewy on the inside and a nice bit of chocolate from the M&Ms. SO GOOD! Better than any chocolate chip cookie in my opinion. But M&Ms are my weakness.
My kids love to help with these too, so it is a great way to let the little ones help in the kitchen. They like to top each M&M cookie with some extra M&Ms so they peak through.
Holiday M&M Cookie Recipe
- 1 C Crisco Shortening
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 C Light brown Sugar Firmly Packed
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 C Sugar
- 2 – 1/4 C Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Bag or 2 C MM’s of your choice
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Blend shortening and sugars in a mixing bowl, mix well.
- Add in your egg and vanilla to your sugars mix well to combine
- Add your dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, blend until combined
- Stir in about 1 and a half cups of your M&Ms making sure they are distributed well
- Drop tsp spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet
- Add MMs to the top of the spoonfuls (make it pretty)
- Bake at 375 for 8 – 9 minutes
- Cool on a cooling rack