I always like to look for more natural ways keep my home clean and baking soda is a great base to keep your home sparkling.
And baking soda budget friendly!
Not only can you clean your home with baking soda but there are so many uses for baking soda that you may not have thought of.
So today I have compiled a massive list of the many uses for baking soda.
Uses For Baking Soda In Your Home
- You can use it in your fridge and freezer to keep your food fresher. Be sure to change it out every 30 – 45 days.
- Deodorize those carpets. Just sprinkle the baking soda and let sit for about 30 minutes, then vacuum.
- Do you have a cat? Deodorize your cat litter. Cat litter containing the baking soda can be expensive by sprinkling a little baking soda this can help neutralize the smell and you have an easy budget-friendly DIY.
- Deodorize your sneakers. Just sprinkle a little inside your sneakers, especially the kid’s shoes. They play hard and I don’t know about your kid’s sneakers but one day of playing outside those sneakers can stink!
- Dingy clothing. Make your whites brighter and colored clothes more vibrant! By adding a cup to your load of laundry can brighten the colors and whiten your whites.
- You can use it for garbage cans! Just sprinkle a little baking soda on the bottom of the cans to make them smell fresh.
- Remove stubborn baked-on food from your pots and pans. Soak them in hot water and baking soda for 15 minutes and easily wipe away.
- Your kids wall drawings. We have all been here crayon marks on the walls. No problem! Grab some baking soda and water to make a paste and it comes right off.
The best uses for baking soda is in your bathroom. It makes an amazing grout cleaner in shower and tubs. When you combine a baking soda and vinegar mix this makes for a fantastic cleaner in your bathroom.
- Kids toys. Especially when they are babies they out everything in their mouth! Wash their toys with baking soda and rinse well.
- Use it to deodorize your furniture. Sprinkle some baking soda on your couches, wait 15 minutes then vacuum.
- Clean your fruits and veggies. Water and baking soda mix make a great natural scrub for food.
- Surfaces and appliances. With a damp sponge and some baking soda, you can clean almost anything in your kitchen without scratching.
- Deep clean your oven. Baking soda makes the best oven cleaner! Make a paste and wipe away.
Uses For Baking Soda For Your Body
- Brush cleaner. All that oil build up in your hair brushes can be a simple fix. Fill your sink with warm water and a tsp of baking soda. Let the brushes sit for 15 minutes and then dry.
- Soft feet. Add 3 tablespoons of baking soda in water and soak those feet for smoother skin.
- Bye bye ingrown hair. By adding a tsp of baking soda to one cup of water and place on the ingrown hair. Leave on for up to 5 minutes and rinse.
My favorite uses for baking soda is to use it as an exfoliator or scrub. Mix 3 parts baking soda to one part water you have a great homemade scrub.
- Whiten your teeth. A frugal yet natural way to whiten your teeth mix baking soda with a little peroxide to make a paste. Leave it on your teeth for a few minutes and rinse. Then brush them as normal.
- Soothe sunburn, insect bites or anti-itch creme. When you add baking soda and water to make a paste this is can alleviate the pain and itching naturally.
- Chlorine hair. Anyone with blonde hair knows what swimming can do to your hair. Use 1 tsp of baking soda to 2 1/2 cups of water and get that green out.
- Heartburn or indigestion. By adding a tsp to a glass of water can soothe the discomfort.
There are so many awesome uses for baking soda. What are some ways you use baking soda that I should add to the list?