Disclosure: I was provided some of the mentioned products to facilitate my review. All opinions expressed are 100% mine.
Do you have a 9 year old on your list this year? Today, I am going to share my Top Toys For 9 Year Olds!
In my opinion the ages between 8 – 10 are the hardest to shop for. They are not babies but not yet a teen. My youngest son loves to play anything that requires thinking, running and sports related.
So, today I sat down and came up with what I think would be great gift ideas for him this Christmas. Plus I included one that benefits us by keeping dirty clothes off the floor but fun for them 😉
I hope they give you a little inspo if you have a 9 year old on your list this year.
8 Top Toys For 9 Year Olds in 2020: Our best picks
- Laser X Revolution is like having a laser tag arena in your own backyard! Blast opponents up to 300’ away – inside or out, in darkness or bright sunlight.
- Choose from more than 20 team colors to light up your blaster!
- Blaster beams go through windows and strategically bounce off walls and mirrors to hit opponents, while quick-slide reload keeps the action going.
- Advanced sensors allow an interactive voice “coach” to offer tips and tricks throughout the game.
- All Laser X gear works together.
- Games can include unlimited players. Ages 6+.
- Requires 6 “AAA” batteries (not included)
Laser X Micro Blasters (Target)
- Laser X Micro B2 Blasters are the most portable, easy-to-use Laser X Blasters!
- These compact, 5-inch blasters feature state-of-the-art lighting and sound effects that bring the excitement of a laser tag arena right to your own backyard. No receiver vests are needed, because a receiver is built right into each blaster! With a blasting range of 100, Micro B2 Blasters work with all other Laser X gear.
- Games can include an unlimited number of players. Play one-on-one, in teams or set your blaster to “rogue, and every player’s on their own!
- Requires 6 “AAA” (1.5V) batteries (not included). Ages 6+
- Get the rocket space-ready with this playset!
- Outfitted with working lights and sounds, This Rocket is ready to journey into space
- Help the crew tune up and check everything via the maintenance platform! Seat up to two astronauts in the rocket’s cockpit, where they can steer the vessel towards Mars
- When they arrive on the red Planet, kids can operate the transport container and space Capsule separate from the rocket and dock them into the Mars space station (#9487 – sold separately)
- The rocket’s functioning lights and sound effects, including a Countdown, thrusters, and space communication, bring the space action to life (2 x AA batteries required)
Other PLAYMOBIL toys
• 2 Blitzfire Blasters
• 2 Pop-Up Target Sights
• Auto-Advance Rotating Cylinders
• 12 Super Darts
• Darts Fly up to 80 Feet!
• Super Darts work with Dart Zone Blasters and Most Standard Blasters from Leading Brands
Wubble Rumblers – (Target)
- Whack ‘em! Smack ‘em! Bop ‘em! Chop ‘em! The Wubble Rumblers are made for good old rough and tumble fun! Battle it out with friends with this ultimate accessory for play fighting.
- The Rumblers inflate a gigantic three feet tall! Rumblers are squishy, squashy, super soft and 400 times more elastic than a typical inflatable – from the makers of the Super Wubble Bubble Ball!
- Enjoy hours of big bopping fun as you get your rumble on!
- Recommended for ages 6+.
- Inflates in minutes with the enclosed nozzle.
IDO3D Go Vertical (Amazon)
- Use the guide map and 3D building accessories included to create one of the amazing IDO3D GO! projects. Then bring your project to life by connecting the parts to the specified windup mechanism included in your IDO3D GO! set. Wind it up and watch it GO!
- IDO3D uses a cool blue LED light and soft, squeezable 3D pens that enable you to easily draw 3D objects! The IDO3D Vertical light attaches to each pen by clicking firmly into place. The light can easily be removed from one pen, and placed on another by simply pulling it off, and popping it onto another. It’s a snap!
- With IDO3D GO!, you can draw vertically, straight into the air. To do so, turn on your light, and simply draw upward by squeezing your pen and moving the tip vertically, away from your drawing surface. You can also make solid sheets of material by drawing on flat or curved surfaces, first with the light off, and curing afterward by shining the light on your art. Draw on non-sticky textured materials or objects like coins or buttons, and then remove for very cool effects. Fun!
- IDO3D is easy to clean from your hands and work area with baby wipes, hand sanitizer and every day soaps and cleaners.
Gravity Maze (Amazon)
- Falling Marble Logic Game
- A marble run and logic puzzle all in one. Age: 8 and Up
- 60 challenges ranging from beginner to expert
- Builds spacial reasoning and planning skills
- Includes 1 game grid, 60 challenge cards, 9 towers, 1 target piece, 3 marbles
Wham-O Hamper Hoops – (Amazon)
- Hamper Hoops by Wham-O is a 2-in-1 over-the-door basketball hoop with detachable laundry bag
- Turn chores in a game and put an end to cluttered floors and missy piles of clothes
- Unzip the bag’s bottom zipper to empty your laundry right into your basket
- Includes Basketball Backboard, Hoop and Net plus a spacious Removable Laundry Bag
- Fits on any door with simple over-the-door design
So there you have our top toys for 9 years olds this year!
Need other gift ideas? Check out all of my other gift guides!
Gift Guide: Christmas Gift Ideas For Bakers
Gift Guide: Christmas Gift Ideas For Tween/Teen Girls
Gift Guide: Top Stocking Stuffers For Kids
Gift Guide: Top Stocking Stuffers For Babies
Gift Guide: Top Stocking Stuffers For Toddlers
Gift Guide: My Top Gift Ideas For Her
Gift Guide: Top Gifts For Men
Weekly Cleaning Schedule Printable
Subscribe to get your copy of this Weekly Cleaning Schedule Printable