Mango avocado salad or salsa whatever you would like to call it is SO simple to make and super delicious!
When I think of summer and feeding my family I like to keep things light. First of all, it’s so hot and second, it seems no one is very hungry around dinnertime.
Maybe because all my kids do is snack all day. Does anyone else have this problem with your kids over summer break?
I swear no matter how much I try they are always snacking!
Related: Summer Veggie Baked Ziti Recipe
This is where my mango avocado salad comes in. I always keep a batch on hand in my fridge over the summer. Keep in mind avocados will oxidize a bit the longer it stays in your fridge.
TIP- Adding slices of lime over the top when you store this it could help slow down the oxidizing process a little!
My kids can grab a bowl for a snack, I serve it with lunch and it is perfect for a side dish at dinner. You can use this mango avocado salad in so many ways.
Since we grill and BBQ a lot over the summer this goes great with hamburgers and hot dogs instead of your traditional BBQ side dishes.
We use it in addition to taco night. And sometimes I will throw some on a bed of lettuce for a healthy lunch option!
This mango avocado salad is so refreshing, light and healthy it really is the perfect go-to dish for the summer months.
What I love about dishes like this is you can omit some ingredients depending on your taste or what you have on hand and it is still AH-mazing!
I have also seen this recipe with diced up chicken too. The possibilities are endless with this mango avocado salad.
Mango Avocado Salad Recipe
Mango Avocado Salad Ingredients:
- 2 large ripe mangos
- 4 – 6 ripe avocados depending on size
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 1/2 fresh lime or a TB of lime juice
- salt and pepper
Related: Summer Pasta Salad Recipe
Mango Avocado Salad Directions:
- Start by dicing up your mangos, avocados, and tomatoes into decent bite-size pieces. Depending on the size of your avocados you can add as many as you like. When I make this I like to go heavier on the avocados since it is my families favorite.
- A tip with the tomatoes depending on what kind I have on hand (you really can use any variety) sometimes I take out some of the seeds so the mixture doesn’t get too wet.
2. Drop into a large serving bowl.
3. Dice up your red onion. I use about a 1/4 of a cup but you can add more or less depending on your preference. Add that to the bowl.
4. Chop up your cilantro and add it to the mixture. Again this is all about preference so you can go heavy or light even leave it out but I think it gives a nice subtle cilantro flavor.
5. Now here is where the tasting comes in. I start with a 1/2 of a fresh lime. You can use lime juice in the bottle here as well but start small. I squeeze it over top and sprinkle a tiny bit of salt and pepper.
6. Combine well with a rubber spatula and taste. I find using a rubber spatula makes it easier to fold in all the ingredients without smoothing the avocados if they are too ripe. You want nice bite-size pieces.
7. If you have to add more lime juice, salt, pepper or cilantro you get the idea. Make it your own.
8. Serve and ENJOY! See this is the simplest recipe but SO delicious!
For more Summer Recipes check out my Pinterest board dedicated to summer recipes
No More Struggling To Keep Your Home Clean
Subscribe to get your copy of this Weekly Cleaning Schedule Printable.