Disclosure: I was provided tickets attend this media event. I was not compensated in any other way. All opinions are 100% mine.
Fellow LEGOLAND lovers, start your engines!
On March 23rd LEGOLAND Florida introduced their newest ride called The Great LEGO Race. And we were the first ones to check it out!
This is the first virtual reality (VR) roller coaster designed for kids. On the track in your LEGO built vehicle, you will race against a pirate, wizard surfer, and pharaoh.
The Great LEGO Race is action packed!
While riding on The Great LEGO Race you can wear optional headsets where you have a thrill-seeking view of taking you in every direction. You will go up, down, forward, backward and all points in between.
The Great LEGO Race was developed 2 years under the supervision of Merlin Magic Making (MMM). The global creative and delivery division of LEGOLAND parent company Merlin Entertainments Group.
“The Great LEGO Race was inspired by the way kids play with LEGO toys at home,” said Candy Holland, senior creative director for Merlin Magic Making. “It’s a unique LEGO adventure that lets kids enter an epic, imaginary world made entirely from LEGO bricks, featuring a host of different themes and fun LEGO characters all mixed up together.”
LEGOLAND really thought of everything when they developed the Great LEGO race!
While you are racing your opponents you are taken through twists and turns. You will be taken through scenery that includes brick-built environments that include a desert, mountain, forest, volcano and rushing river.
This is a true virtual reality experience combined with a roller coaster, nothing like I have seen before.
You do not want to miss the Great LEGO Race the next time you are visiting LEGOLAND Florida! Both the adults and kids really enjoyed this one!
This will be hands down this will be the first ride of the day for us next time we visit for sure.
Who Can Ride The Great LEGO Race?
- 42-47 inches can ride without the VR headset when accompanied by a responsible rider 14 years or older and at least 48 inches tall, who must ride without the VR headset to supervise his or her companion.
- 48 inches and above can ride with or without the VR headset if he or she is alone. If he or she is supervising a companion rider 42-47 inches, both riders cannot wear the VR headset.
- Guests must be at least 6 years old and 48 inches tall in order to wear the VR headset.
VR Headsets for The Great LEGO Race
- Guests can safely remove the VR headset at any point while riding.
- Guests 48 inches or taller can ride with or without the VR headset if he or she is alone. If he or she is supervising a companion rider 42-47 inches, both riders cannot wear the VR headset.
- Guests 42-47 inches can ride without the VR headset when accompanied by a responsible rider 14 years or older and at least 48 inches tall, who must ride without the VR headset to supervise his or her companion.
- LEGOLAND Model Citizens wipe each headset clean with a sanitizing pad after each use. The headsets are inspected regularly and replaced as necessary.
Video Credit LEGOLAND
Checkout LEGOLAND’s Florida Resort website for all their park and hotel info!
They have tons of special events throughout the year that you do not want to miss!
- LEGO® Star Wars™ Days (May 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20)
- Firefighter Friday (Oct. 5)
- Brick or Treat (select dates in October)
- KIDZ BOP Weekend (Nov. 10-12)
- Christmas Bricktacular (select dates in December)
- Kids’ New Year’s Party (select dates in late December)
Weekly Cleaning Schedule Printable
Subscribe to get your copy of this Weekly Cleaning Schedule Printable