How is it almost Easter already? This year is flying by! Today I bring you these adorable yet wowing Easter Grass Cupcakes. They are so pretty and will wow your guests for your Easter dessert table for sure. The kiddos could even get in on the fun decorating action by adding the peanut M&M eggs on top.
These Easter Grass Cupcakes are a simple cupcake recipe that you have all the ingredients on hand I’m sure. Then get to the fun part, the decoration of the Easter Grass Cupcakes. I could not find any green frosting but I know I have seen it in stores, so if you can find the right shade of green it makes it even easier.
I just added a little green food coloring to white frosting since I had those on hand. I do this alot when I am making my kids birthday cakes for the perfect color to match their theme. I love creating the custom colors for events sometimes, gives it a more personal touch. Once you have the frosting color you like simply pipe the grass and have the kiddos add their accents. Jelly beans would work well too but we are fans of chocolate in this house so we went with M&M’s.
Once these Easter Grass Cupcakes they almost look too cute to eat, ALMOST! They are delicious!
Easter Grass Cupcakes
- 1 C. granulated sugar
- 1/2 C. butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 C. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 C. milk
Cupcake Decoration Ingredients
- white frosting
- green gel food coloring
- Frosting tip #233 – makes grass/hair
- disposable piping bag
- M&M peanut butter eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 12 count muffin tin with non-stick spray or use Easter theme cupcake liners.
- Combine all the cupcake ingredients and fill each muffin well about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely prior to decorating.
- Give the white frosting a few drops of green food coloring and stir to combine. Add a drop or two at a time and mix if you want the frosting a darker green.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, attached the frosting tip to the piping bag and fill with green frosting.
- Gently squeeze the frosting out of the bag to form grass on the top of each cupcake.
- Give each grass covered cupcake a few M&M peanut butter eggs.
*Makes approximately 12 cupcakes.
No More Struggling To Keep Your Home Clean
Subscribe to get your copy of this Weekly Cleaning Schedule Printable.