Disclosure: I was provided tickets attend the media event. I was not compensated in any other way. All opinions are 100% mine.
I have to admit a Ford Mustang has always been my dream car every since I was able to drive at 16. I was thrilled when I bought my first one at the age of 21 and felt so cool being able to own one myself. It was a beautiful 1999 silver hardtop Ford Mustang and I felt amazing driving that baby! Those days are long gone now that I drive a mini van haha!
When we were able to attend the unveiling of BrickPony as he/she is called in Winter Haven, Florida at LEGOLAND this past weekend I was thrilled!
This was such a fun event and they even let the kids help. All the kids at the event got to release the debut of LEGOLAND newest LEGO creation Brickpony. They loved being part of the action!
The new display of the life size Ford Mustang is front and center in the front of the Ford Driving School attraction and will replace the life size LEGO Ford Explorer.
LEGOLAND FL Replica of 1964½ Ford Mustang BrickPony Facts:
- The replica of the 1964½ Mustang V8 coupe was designed and built brick by brick by a veteran team of Master Builders at LEGO Systems, Inc., in Enfield, Conn.
- The LEGO Mustang is made of 194,900 standard LEGO bricks and DUPLO®bricks
- It measures more than 15 feet long, nearly 6 feet wide and more than 4 feet tall.
- It weighs 1,712 pounds, of which 960 pounds are LEGO bricks and 752 pounds is its flat, aluminum chassis
- Includes a virtual horn and the sounds of a real Mustang engine plus working headlights and taillights!
- BrickPony, the giant Mustang model made its public debut Sept. 1, 2016, at Indianapolis Motor Speedway during the 40th anniversary celebration of the Mustang Club of America
After we spent some time checking out Brickpony the Mustang we headed over to let the kids do some driving of their own in the Ford Driving School.
This is my kids all time favorite ride at LEGOLAND. They have it set up so cute like a little town for the kids to drive around in.
They do have a Ford Jr. driving school for the younger kiddos.
My favorite place in LEGOLAND is MINILAND USA. A whole section of the park dedicated to replica cities, including California, Las Vegas, Washington DC and of course the Daytona Speedway. MINILAND USA alone contains over 32 million LEGO bricks!
The LEGOLAND hotel is now open too! It is literally steps from the entrance of the gates to get into the park. Next time we are going to have to stay the night, their rooms are themed with all sorts of different LEGO friends that I know my kids would love. If you want to check out Brickpony and LEGOLAND Florida you can visit their website.
Brick Or Treat at LEGOLAND
If you plan on visiting in October do not miss out on the Brick or Treat event going on! Check out their website for more details on this adorable event, extra fun for the kiddos.
Weekly Cleaning Schedule Printable
Subscribe to get your copy of this Weekly Cleaning Schedule Printable