I usually make a huge batch of these Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats for my kids and they are great for Halloween party goodie bags!
Pumpkin Rice Krispie Directions :
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan or dutch oven heat the 6 tablespoons of butter and 10 oz of mini marshmallows on low/medium heat.
- Once the marshmallows have melted about 1/2 way, add in several drops of the orange gel food coloring, stirring to make the marshmallow mixture bright orange. Add more food coloring if needed (see photo).
- Once the mixture is about 3/4 melted, add the 6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal, gently folding the cereal into the marshmallow mixture (see photo).
- Carefully pour the mixture into the foil-lined 9×13 baking dish and gently flatten with the back of the spoon.
- Let set.
- Once the treats have set, use the Pumpkin cookie cutter to cut out each pumpkin Rice Krispie treat; you should have enough room to cut out 6-8 pumpkins from the 9×13 baking pan. and set them aside.
- To reduce the waste of the treats I rolled the leftover treats into little 2-3″ pumpkins and placed cut a small piece of Tootsie Roll for each ‘stem’ and placed it on top.
- Once you have made your mini pumpkins with the leftover treats, cut a small piece of Tootsie roll and gently use your fingers to shape it and lay it on top of the where the stem would go, on the treat (see photo). Repeat with the other pumpkins.
- Lastly, use the Wilton green gel icing to make ‘vines’ on your pumpkins.
- Have fun with it!
Have you made Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats Recipe For Fall and Halloween before?
— More Than A Mom Of 3 (@MoreThanAMomOf3) October 4, 2017
Weekly Cleaning Schedule Printable
Subscribe to get your copy of this Weekly Cleaning Schedule Printable