I love using fresh summer veggies in the summer in a lot of dishes I make. We only live a few miles from an amazing farmers market, I try to take the kids once a week during the summer. Summer squash and zucchini looked really good that day so I decided to make Summer Vegetable Baked Ziti that night for dinner. If you guys have follow me for some time you know a good pasta dish is a staple in my house bc I have a picky eater, well he loved this!
I love using my go to Ragu Homestyle pasta sauce to make quick and easy pasta dishes that I know my family will love!
Since the Ragu Homestyle is their thickest sauce it soaks into the pasta making for the perfect bite every time. Plus I love that they don’t use artificial flavors, artificial colors or high fructose corn syrup. It tastes fresh and homemade just what I look for in pasta sauces. Best part I do not have to slave all day cooking it since Ragu pasta sauce has done that for me.
Summer Vegetable Baked Ziti
- 16oz box of Ziti Pasta
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Parsley
- 1 egg
- 15oz. Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4c. Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese (divided)
- 1 jar Homestyle Thick and Hearty Traditional Sauce Ragu Homestyle Pasta Sauce
- 3 cups chopped summer squash and zucchini (I used 1 1/2 cups each)
- Salted for pasta water
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Bring your salted water up to a boil and drop your ziti
- Cook your pasta until al dente (about 9-11 mins)
- While the pasta is cooking wash your veggies and dice the summer squash and zucchini (set aside)
- Finely chop your parsley
- In a bowl mix together the egg, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, 1 1/2c mozzarella cheese and parsley
- Drain your pasta and place in a large bowl
- Mix the pasta and summer veggies with your Homestyle Thick and Hearty Traditional Sauce Ragu Pasta Sauce
- Combine the cheese mixture into the pasta until well blended
- Add your Summer Vegetable Baked Ziti to a 9 x 13 baking dish lightly sprayed with cooking spray
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese on top
- Bake at 350 for 45 mins or until golden bubbly
No More Struggling To Keep Your Home Clean
Subscribe to get your copy of this Weekly Cleaning Schedule Printable.