Disclosure: I was provided the mentioned products to facilitate my review. All opinions expressed are 100% mine.
This summer heat has been pretty bad in South Florida but the bugs are the worst this time of year! I dread having to go out when the sun is setting to take the kids for a walk or ride bikes before the sun goes down. My kids are like magnets to mosquitoes but I do not want to prevent that from taking advantage of the few extra hours of summer nights.
Guardian reached out to me to test their Insect Repellent and I thought it would be a great thing for the kids since they are non toxic and a plant based insect repellent. I always try to find a more natural way when it comes to putting things on my kiddos skin, plus JJ is so sensitive I am always afraid of him having some sort of breakout.
Guardian offers 2 kids of Insect Repellent. The wilderness and the backyard. Both offer the same benefits as below but the only difference is the repel time. The wilderness offers up to 8 hours protection and the backyard offers up to 4 hours.
I found both Guardian Insect Repellent to last as long as they claim however I think the wilderness would be the only one I would repurchase since I would forget to reapply it at the 4 hour mark.
Both are not sticky and do not contain a chemical smell which is amazing! They both smell sweet like a hint of vanilla, which was nice.
My kids are iffy when sprays on their skin especially when they can “feel it” and it is tacky feeling. Neither sprays had that, they both dried nicely where they did not even complain when I sprayed them.
Guardian Insect Repellent Specifications:
- Guardian is the safe and non-toxic alternative with plant-based respect for your body, your health, your children, and the environment.
- Guardian doesn’t have a chemical smell and doesn’t leave that sticky residue like chemical compounds that feel like you sprayed yourself with adhesive.
- Guardian’s plant-based formula is safe for use around your outdoor equipment. DEET, on the other hand, damages and corrodes plastics, nylon gear, and some clothing.
- Guardian provides a solution for people who have skin sensitivity to DEET or for whom DEET doesn’t work effectively.
- Guardian is not only extremely effective against mosquitoes and ticks, but lasts without a need for frequent reapplication.
One More Than A Mom Of Three reader can enter to win the Guardian Insect Repellent Giveaway Prize Package worth $50!
(1) Guardian Wilderness Insect Repellent
(1) Guardian Backyard Insect Repellent
(1) Nathan Lock Laces
(1) Nathan Water Bottle
(1) Airplus Memory Plus Insoles (Men)
(1) Airplus Memory Plus Insoles (Women)
Entry is simple just follow the directions below. Good Luck!
No More Struggling To Keep Your Home Clean
Subscribe to get your copy of this Weekly Cleaning Schedule Printable.