With kiddos heading back to school I like to make sure they have a little fun snack waiting for them when they get home. This Peanut Butter Cheerios Marshmallow Treat is a quick and delicious after school snack you can make ahead of time and have ready for them when they walk through the door.
I love simple recipes like this since I have all the ingredients on hand. Perfect for a play-date or after school snack.
The Peanut Butter Cheerios Marshmallow Treat is a wonderful balance of peanut butter and chocolate flavors, one of my families favorite combinations.
Peanut Butter Cheerios Marshmallow Treat Recipe
- 2 Tbsp Margarine
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- 5 cups Multi-Grain Peanut Butter Cheerios
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Non stick cooking Spray
- Spray your 11 x 7 glass pan with non stick cooking spray
- Measure out your peanut butter Cheerios into a large bowl
- Melt 2 Tbsp margarine on the stove top – margarine works better than butter for this recipe
- Once your margarine is melted start adding in your marshmallows to melt
- Once your margarine and marshmallows are completely melted pour over your Cheerios and mix well until coated
- Allow to cool just slightly to add 1/4 of a cup of your mini chocolate chips (you don’t want them to melt too much)
- Add your mixture into your sprayed glass pan and press down until level
- Sprinkle remaining mini chocolate chips over top
- Refrigerate over night or at least until completely cooled and solid to cut
Be sure to print this Buy One, Get One (BOGO) Cheerios coupon and visit your local Publix buy your favorite Cheerios flavor and try a different flavor for free!
Which Cheerios flavors are your favorite?
I have a fun giveaway for you guys too! Enter to win a $10 PayPal giveaway to use to purchase your favorite Cheerios cereal! Entering is simple just follow the instructions on the widget.
No More Struggling To Keep Your Home Clean
Subscribe to get your copy of this Weekly Cleaning Schedule Printable.