In South Florida I can make this simple summer pasta salad all year round but I tend to make it as a go to dinner in these hotter summer months for cookouts, parties and BBQ’s.
Growing up in New York my mom made this for our family at every BBQ and summer event. It always was a huge hit and now a big hit with my kids. Most importantly all my kids eat it with out complaining.
I love recipes where you can add a little bit of this and that you can customize to anyone’s taste. This simple summer pasta salad are mostly ingredients I always have in my pantry and if I am missing something I can simply omit it. I usually like to make it the night before and let it sit in a huge bowl in the fridge over night for the best blended taste. You do not have to think about dinner the following night or pair it with a grilled meat or sandwiches. I have made this for larger crowds and it doubles very easily!
Simple Summer Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 Box of Tri Color Pasta
- 1 Bottle of Good Seasons Italian Dressing – Made from Packet (Need Oil and Vinegar)
- 1 Can of Small Olives (optional)
- 1 Can of Chic Peas (optional)
- Cut Carrots (optional)
- Cut Broccoli (optional)
- 2 T parmesan cheese
- Mix up the Good Seasons Italian Dressing with the oil, vinegar, water and seasoning packet
- Boil your pasta
- Once pasta is cooked through, drain and toss with dressing
- Add 1 Can of Small Olives, 1 Can of Chic Peas, Cut Carrots and Cut Broccoli (You can add or omit what you like here to make it your own)
- Toss and refrigerate overnight
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over top before you are ready to serve
And there you have it – a super simple summer pasta salad! Enjoy!
No More Struggling To Keep Your Home Clean
Subscribe to get your copy of this Weekly Cleaning Schedule Printable.