If you are looking for a simple and delicious Valentine’s dessert recipe that looks like you put a lot of effort into it these mini chocolate lava cakes are just what you want.
In less than 20 minutes and with a simple muffin tin you can produce mini chocolate lava cakes that look like they came from a fancy restaurant. Put them over the top by using a variety of toppings from fresh fruit to chocolate sauces. This makes a great romantic dessert but it is equally sweet served as a family dessert, that is what I have planned for Valentine’s Day.
Mini Chocolate Lava Cakes Recipe
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Butter muffin tin cups well.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat melt butter and chocolate chips, stir frequently.
- In a bowl mix egg, egg yolks, and vanilla for 2-3 minutes until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir chocolate mixture into eggs until combined.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Distribute batter evenly among 6 muffin cups.
- Place in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Place muffin tin inside of a larger baking pan, carefully add enough water to cover bottom half of muffin tin.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly then turn out of cups.
- Serve warm.
- Top with powdered sugar, fresh fruit, whipped cream, ice cream, or a drizzle of chocolate or caramel sauce.
- Enjoy with your Valentine or someone special.
Looking for more Valentines Day goodies?
No More Struggling To Keep Your Home Clean
Subscribe to get your copy of this Weekly Cleaning Schedule Printable.