If you are looking for a simple and delicious Valentine’s dessert recipe that looks like you put a lot of effort into it these mini chocolate lava cakes are just what you want.
In less than 20 minutes and with a simple muffin tin you can produce mini chocolate lava cakes that look like they came from a fancy restaurant. Put them over the top by using a variety of toppings from fresh fruit to chocolate sauces. This makes a great romantic dessert but it is equally sweet served as a family dessert, that is what I have planned for Valentine’s Day.
Mini Chocolate Lava Cakes Recipe
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Butter muffin tin cups well.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat melt butter and chocolate chips, stir frequently.
- In a bowl mix egg, egg yolks, and vanilla for 2-3 minutes until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir chocolate mixture into eggs until combined.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Distribute batter evenly among 6 muffin cups.
- Place in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Place muffin tin inside of a larger baking pan, carefully add enough water to cover bottom half of muffin tin.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly then turn out of cups.
- Serve warm.
- Top with powdered sugar, fresh fruit, whipped cream, ice cream, or a drizzle of chocolate or caramel sauce.
- Enjoy with your Valentine or someone special.
Looking for more Valentines Day goodies?