Wreath cupcakes are both easy fun to make, especially with the kids. I love getting my kids in the kitchen with me, they love to help decorate anything I bake. Plus they really enjoy eating their fantastic creations.
I love taking a store bought mix and adding my own flare to the frosting or the decorations. Just makes it more fun and festive. These Christmas wreath cupcakes are no different.
You can use a store bought cupcake mix or if you have your own recipe you can use that too. For the frosting I like chocolate, I think it makes the wreath part stand out a little bit more.
Wreath Cupcakes Recipe
Wreath Cupcakes Ingredients:
- 1 box Devil’s Food or Vanilla cake mix (Follow instructions on box)
Basic Buttercream Frosting:
- (Or you may use the great Christmas colors found in stores right now)
- 1 C. butter, softened (or 1/2 C. butter and 8 oz. cream cheese)
- 3-4 C. powdered sugar
- food coloring, if needed
- peppermint extract, if needed (great for the “green” frostings)
- Mini M&M’s
- Red fruit leather strips (Fruit by the Foot)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with Christmas cupcake liners.
2. Mix up cake mix according to directions
3. Stir in cake mix.
4. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 16-20 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
5. Buttercream: Beat butter for 2 minutes. Slowly add in powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
7. Frost the cupcake with brown chocolate frosting
8. Using a star tip create a green wreath like design with your green frosting
9. Create a small wreath bow with your red fruit by the foot strips
10. Add mini red M&M’s to add Holly to your beautiful wreaths.
These come out so cute to serve at your Christmas dessert table or just a fun afternoon treat for the kids!
Do your kids help you bake around the holidays?
No More Struggling To Keep Your Home Clean
Subscribe to get your copy of this Weekly Cleaning Schedule Printable.