I am back with another pumpkin recipe today. I warned you guys, when it comes to pumpkin I can not help myself!
Today is a simple pumpkin cupcake made from a premix cake mix just adding a few extras to make it a moist pumpkin muffin. Then topped with a simple homemade cinnamon frosting. I love taking a few short cuts in the kitchen by jazzing up a premix cake. This mom does not have time these days with making everything from scratch, so this works perfectly. Shh, no one has to know!
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Homemade Cinnamon Frosting Recipe
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 can pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Combine cake mix, pumpkin puree and vegetable oil
- Add 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Pour batter into cupcake liners, 3/4 high
- Bake 350 for 12-15 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Allow to cool before frosting
- 8 oz. block cream cheese
- 1 stick butter (unsalted)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons. milk
- Mix cream cheese and butter until combined
- In separate bowl, mix powdered sugar and 1 – 2 teaspoons cinnamon (add cinnamon to taste)
- Next, combine powdered sugar mixture and cream cheese mixture. Mix until combined
- Add up to 2 tablespoons milk to achieve desired frosting consistency
No More Struggling To Keep Your Home Clean
Subscribe to get your copy of this Weekly Cleaning Schedule Printable.