This creamy parmesan pumpkin soup is perfect for the whole family, even if you have some who aren’t pumpkin lovers such as myself. It has a more mild pumpkin flavor than a lot of other pumpkin soups so it is not overwhelming.
Creamy, rich, and filling this soup is the perfect accompaniment to any cool fall evening. Served with crusty bread or crackers it makes for a delicious meal any night of the week or even to serve on Thanksgiving. I love making soup as an addition to our Thanksgiving meals in cute little festive bowls. Its a quick and easy crowd pleaser.
I like to add a sprinkle of nutmeg to the top before serving, (it just adds a little something to the flavor).Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Creamy Parmesan Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup milk or heavy cream
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 4 Tsp. butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place 2 Tbsp. butter and flour in a large saucepan over medium heat, whisk for 2-3 minutes until it begins to turn a golden brown.
- Add garlic and sautee 1 minute. Reduce heat to low
- Stir in stock, cream, parmesan cheese, and nutmeg, cook for 5 minutes.
- Whisk pumpkin, remaining butter, and cheddar cheese into mixture- simmer for 10 additional moments until cheese is completely melted and all ingredients incorporated evenly.
- Serve with a crusty bread for dipping or crackers.
Weekly Cleaning Schedule Printable
Subscribe to get your copy of this Weekly Cleaning Schedule Printable