I love sneaking vegetables in to meals whenever I can. These Zucchini Pizza Bites are perfect for the little ones! There are a couple vegetables that my kids will eat without any kind of tricks or begging but beyond that they will turn their nose up at some veggies. That requires me getting creative, and while I am not above sneaking vegetables into my recipes I also want them to learn to like them on purpose.
I have learned as a mom that sometimes it is often simply a matter of how you present food to kids that makes them gobble it up or turn away. What is one thing that kids love without question? Most of them will eat pizza any and every day of the week so I thought if I made them up into a cute little pizza it would go over better. To be honest at first my son (yup the picky eater) did not want to even try these, after I convinced him to take one bite he was hooked and ate 6 for his lunch!
Zucchini Pizza Bites Recipe
- Pizza sauce
- Olive oil
Finely chopped- onion, pepperoni, bell pepper, mushrooms, chicken, garlic, bacon, squash, black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, grated Parmesan cheese
Seasonings- Oregano, Basil, Pepper
- Brush pizza stone or pan with olive oil
- If you want to be sure that the kids eat meals one of the best ways is to include them in the preparation, set out bowls of various toppings and let them construct their own pizza’s. Include a variety of colorful toppings, chopped finely to fit on top of these mini pizzas.
- Slice zucchini to a 1/4” or thinner.
- Place zucchini disks on pan and top with a ½ teaspoon or so of pizza sauce.
- Load your mini pizzas up with toppings.
- Broil on low setting if you have it until cheese bubbles up and turns golden.
- Encourage the kids to try a variety of toppings and seasonings to create their favorite veggie pizza.
- ENJOY these delicious Zucchini Pizza Bites with the kids.
Weekly Cleaning Schedule Printable
Subscribe to get your copy of this Weekly Cleaning Schedule Printable