Hey, if milk and honey was good enough for Cleopatra, and sent men falling at her feet then it must good good enough for us now! Especially when you combine it with other ingredients that give your skin moisture and infuse it with soothing properties.
These Milk and Honey Bath Bombs make your bath time a luxurious and heavenly scented experience as the melt into your warm water. Use a silicone mold, paper cups, or something like these vintage molds I used to create pretty custom milk and honey bath bombs for your tub.
So simple to make and great for a relaxing night in the tub!
Milk and Honey Bath Bombs
- ½ cornstarch
- ½ powdered milk
- ½ cup citric acid
- ¼ cup baking soda
- 2 tsps. Argan oil
- 10 drops frankincense essential oil
- 1 T. water
- In a large bowl whisk together cornstarch, powdered milk, citric acid, baking soda, argan oil, and frankincense until well combined.
- Slowly add water ½ a teaspoon at a time, mixing quickly with your hands to combine just until the mixture keeps its shape when squeezed together. You may not need all the water, if you add it too quickly it will set off the citric acid and you will not get bubble action in the tub.
- Press your mixture firmly into your mold and allow it to set several hours or overnight until they are hardened. These do not harden up quite as much as typical bath bombs normally do.Remove gently from the mold.
- Store bath bombs in a container away from water until ready to use.
To use: Drop one or two into your warm bath water and soak for 20-30 minutes to get all the great benefits of it.
The amount of Milk and Honey Bath Bombs for this recipe makes will depend on the size of your mold, I made 3 large bombs for my big garden tub out of it.
Related DIY Beauty Posts