For as long as I can remember, every Friday after a long week of school I set up a special movie night for the kiddos. It’s a great way to hang out as a family and kick back and relax. These nights I always make a DiGiorno pizza for them and a special little treat for dessert. This week was going to be rocky road fudge, my daughters favorite ice cream.
So I headed to Dollar General to get what I needed since they have great coupons and deals I knew I could find everything I needed in one place.
Then last Friday I decided to surprise them with rocky road fudge for our family movie night. It was SO simple and delicious! The almonds and marshmallows added a little different flair to your ordinary fudge.
Rocky Road Fudge
- 1 12 oz. Bag of Nestlé® toll house semi sweet morsels
- 1 14 oz can Nestlé® sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Line a 8×8 pan with aluminum foil
- In a double boiler on low heat start to melt the Nestlé® toll house semi sweet morsels
- Once they have melted about half way add in the Nestlé® sweetened condensed milk
- Keep stirring until silky smooth
- Add in the 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Add 3/4 cup of chopped almonds
- Mix well
- Pour entire thing into your lined 8×8 pan
- Top with your mini marshmallows
- Be sure to mush them down a little into the fudge
- Top with remaining almonds
- Chill overnight or until set
- Cut into squares and ENJOY!
Be sure to head over to the Dollar General site to grab your DG digital coupons for the Nestlé® products I used in today’s post and more!
• DiGiorno -$1/1
• Toll House Morsels – $1.50/2
• Nescafe Taster’s Choice – $2/1
• Coffee-mate – $1/1
• Nestlé Confections Stand Up bags
To redeem Digital Coupons:
1. Sign up here
2. Create account and load which coupons you would like
3. Visit your local Dollar General to redeem coupons at checkout. Find a Dollar General near you by using the store locator!