If you are a mom on the go then you will love this recipe I have for you today! These oatmeal cookie fruit and nut bars are perfect for a quick breakfast or easy afternoon snack.
If you are a mom like me breakfast can quickly be forgotten. Then I find myself starving at lunch and tend to eat more than I should at lunch, its not a good situation. The oatmeal cookie fruit and nut bars are packed with goodness. Nuts, oats, dried fruit and a small bit of chocolate helps tame that sweet tooth.
With the combination with the oats and nuts it fills me up offering a more healthy option for breakfast or late afternoon snack to keep me going to chase after the kids. They are not dry like other bars of this kind either which I love. There is nothing worse than a dry oatmeal or nut based bar to me, yuck!
With very little effort to throw them together, they are by far better than most store bought bars I have had. My picky eater even loves them! He has asked for them almost every day last week for an after school snack. It’s a win win!
Oatmeal Cookie Fruit and Nut Bars Recipe
- ½ Cup Golden Raisins
- ½ Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 Pkg. (16 oz.) Oatmeal Raisin Cookie dough (any brand will do)
- 1 ½ Cups Oats
- ½ Cup Pecans, roughly chopped
- ½ Cup Coconut, shredded
- ½ Cup Mini Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- In a small bowl soak the Raisins and Cranberries in 2 cups warm water for 5 minutes, drain.
- In another bowl break the Oatmeal cookies apart and add the Oats, Raisins, Cranberries, Pecans, Coconut and Chocolate chips. Mix to combine.
- Place the mixture into an 8×8 inch pan lined with lightly greased parchment paper with a little excess paper hanging over the edges to use as handles to remove from the pan for cutting.
- Optional, place whole pecans or additional chopped pecans on top.
- Bake at 350˚ until deep golden brown, 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting into bars.
- Store in airtight container unrefrigerated up to one week. Refrigerated up to two weeks.