This Monster Munch recipe is a cute way to jazz up an ordinary popcorn treat. Adding a special Halloween touch making it so much fun for the kids, hands down a favorite for mine. By adding chocolate, candy corn and peanuts its gives it that extra special touch they go crazy for.
The Monster Munch is a perfect combo of sweet and savory. You can switch it up with different kinds of nuts or add different Halloween candy too, to make it our own. Perfect to serve this up for a special family movie night or in little goodie bags for the trick or treaters.
Around any holiday I like to make special treats or activities for my kids. Its something I know they always look forward to and Halloween is one you can have so much fun with.
Monster Munch Recipe
(Makes 16 cups)
- 2/3 cups of unpopped popcorn (cook as directed adding butter and salt to taste), or 2 packages microwave popcorn
- 12 – 16 oz white chocolate chips, melted
- ¾ cup candy corn
- ¾ cup peanuts
- 1-2 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 oz. orange melts, melted
- 5 oz. chocolate chips, melted
- Pop popcorn, remove unpopped kernels and place in a large bowl
- In separate bowl, melt white chocolate
- Pour white chocolate over popcorn, distributing evenly
- Line two baking sheets with wax paper, and spread coated popcorn evenly
- Sprinkle with candy corn, peanuts and marshmallows
- Drizzle with melted milk chocolate and orange melts
- Allow chocolate to setup and then break into pieces