This delicious and refreshing tropical pineapple dip is a great light dip for these hot summer days. The mix of fresh pineapple with coconut is delicious and summery while the creamy yogurt not only adds a punch of protein and calcium making it a healthier and creamy. Since this recipe only calls for a few ingredients it is simple to whip up a batch for a nice appetizer for a BBQ or just a sweet treat for the kids.
You can set your dip out in the pineapple “shell” and you will have an adorable conversation piece as well. Anything served in fruit always has a certain wow factor and makes it look so fancy. You can serve this with additional fresh fruit, pretzels, and graham crackers, they all pair beautifully.
Tropical Pineapple Dip Recipe
- 1 fresh whole pineapple
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Cut off top 1/3 of pineapple.
- Using a long, sharp knife cut around inside of pineapple about 1/2” from the rind all the way around.
- Scrape out all pineapple around core down to 2” from the bottom and place in a large bowl, shred with forks, drain out most of the juice. Set aside.
- With fleshy part of pineapple removed you can now take the knife and remove the core, throw it away.
- Add the yogurt, coconut, and brown sugar to pineapple and stir well to combine all.
- Place dip back in your hollowed out pineapple for serving.
- Replace pineapple top and store in fridge until ready to use.
- Best if served the same day.
- Serve and ENJOY!